A Fuzzy Cool Guest

A Fuzzy Cool Guest

As I lay resting on my bed in the dorm,
The soft sun rays slanting, fell on my face, keeping me warm.
Through the window above my head,
Eyes closed as I played sleeping or dead !
A velvet duvet circled my legs,
An attempt to keep the cold out that stole suddenly as the weather transformed.
Typical of that piece of land.

Unaware I lay
As the door opened.
Unaware of the soft, stealthy paws,
Hopping playfully on the floor across my bed.
Unaware of the cute mess created,
The pages of a book flying across the room.
Pens chewed upon.
Sweater sprawled.
A cozy made for ‘the guest’ !

And then, soft paws
I felt along my legs,
Through my duvet
Moving upwards.
Promising to spank me awake,
Gave me a certain start.
As I lay staring
Into a pair of familiar watchful eyes.
Of my uninvited, fuzzy, cool guest
Staring keenly,
Unrelenting,
Teaching me reproachfully,
The importance of time I wasted !
The agility of kittens and lethargy of humans !

Comments

  1. Yet another good poem by Guncha.A good example of objectification.There is something like surrealism as the reader is not able to figure out whether the poet is talking about a real life experience or writing about a dream

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Twilight

The Mummy !

The Racehorse !