My Masterpiece!

My masterpiece !

I sit down with some paper and a pen,
Making up my mind
I set up a premise pretence.
Then I open up my imagery sack,
Full of consonants that I bead together with vowels onto a thoughtful track.
Cleverly to this some punctuations and adjectives I add.

As my thoughts meander
I knit a premise grander !
A fable of characters unique,
A story fresh but with an appeal antique.
The words elusive come in a jumble,
One after another out they tumble.
From left to right I try and write,
But if the picture I find still fails to excite
A word from the left I then slyly slide,
Brining it to the right till my verse can glide.
A lot of chopping and cutting goes
on
Till a metrical composition says it all.
A stitch in point,
Or edit in a line,
Till everything seems fine,
For poetry, prose or simply a rhyme.

With every work when I open my imagery sack,
I pull out expressions with rhythms grand !
A lyrical emotion I attempt to weave,
Aspiring to have a style different and distinctive.
My ideas I design to live and breathe,
For my heart aspires for a masterpiece !

Dr. Guncha Gupta
30-5-19

Comments

  1. Dr Guncha Gupta is again there with another poem.This time she tells us about her craft of stitching words into a poem.She is totally unassuming and makes us believe that writing poems is not difficult at all.A good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great............going gunchi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Twilight

The Mummy !

The Racehorse !