Me, A Mother !

Me, A Mother !

Exhausted and weary I looked down,
Into my arms with a little frown.
A tiny bundle wrapped in a starched green gown.
Smell of hospital and antiseptic making me drown,
In feelings so myriad as to astound!

Anxious with my head bent down,
The little bundle wriggling,
As a tiny foot peeped out.
Pale pink, so tender and soft to touch !
My heart flush,
With emotions unnamed, untouched,
In a corner somewhere as yet unexplored,
Face red with a tender blood rush,
A Blush !

Tentatively I unbundled
My bundle.
As it tumbled,
Out and I cuddled.
For the first time, I trembled,
Unsure, my heart fluttered.
As I saw those blue black lips puckered,
As though to cry out - mother !

Mother !
Oh brother !
Her little nose flared,
As my scent it sensed.
A world of emotions I discovered,
As her eyes she uncovered.
My first connect developed.
Maternal instinct took over,
All my misgivings were over.
And to my bosom I hugged her.
Instinctively cooing a little tune,
Guess, the Lord’s motherly boon !

Many a tale had I heard,
Of sacrificial love and motherly pamper.
But a feeling of unparalleled elation and wonder.
Magical, pure, so tender !
I experienced in that moment,
Knowing my womb was the blessed planter,
For the heavenly seed where my heart centred.
With intimacy and security I gathered,
Thanking heaven for my little bundle !

Dr. Guncha Gupta
9/4/19

Comments

  1. A beautiful poem about motherly love.The poet very graphically tells us how she felt when she became a mother for the first time.Such like motherly feelings keep the world going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful expression of feelings of a new mother - wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautifully each word has been put. Lovely expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... Beautifully describes our bundle of joy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Twilight

The Mummy !

The Racehorse !